Global Insulation Conference and Exhibition - Conference information
8th Global Insulation Conference, Aachen, Germany, September 2013
Aachen is well-located in the heart of Europe, and is easy to travel to from around the world. Aachen is a picturesque town with a long history: you will be charmed by this jewel in the European crown.
Pullman Quellenhof is located about 2 km from the Aachen railway station.
How to get to Aachen from the airports
1. By Train: Depending on the connection, the journey from the Köln/Bonn Airport to Aachen takes approximately 1-1.5 hours, with a change at the Cologne main station. The cost is approximately 15-21€.
2. By Taxi: The cost of taxi service from the Köln/Bonn Airport to Aachen ranges from 110-140€ and needs to be booked in advance.
Taxiruf Köln Tel.: 0221 2882 Price: ca. 140€ incl. tax
Colonia Taxi Tel.: 0221 8605321 Price: ca. 110€ incl. tax
1. By Bus: There is a shuttle bus service from the Airport to the Maastricht Main Bus Station. The transfer takes ca. 20 min and costs about 4€. The bus stop is in front of the passenger building and waits in case of flight delay. From Maastricht Main Bus Station to Aachen Main Station you can take the bus nr. 50 which costs about 4.20€.
2. By Taxi: The cost of taxi service from the Maastricht Airport to Aachen costs approximately 70€ and needs to be booked in advance. Taxi Service Maastricht Tel.: +31-(0)622334566 Price: ca. 75€ Taxi Aachen Tel.: 0241 22222 Price: ca. 60€ + tax
1. By Train: Depending on the connection, the journey from the Düsseldorf Airport to Aachen takes about 1.5-2 hours. Some trains require changing at the Düsseldorf main station or the main train station at Cologne. The cost ranges from approximately 18€ to 28€.
1. By Train: Depending on the connection, the journey from Frankfurt Airport to Aachen takes approximately 2-3 hours with one change at the main train station in Cologne. The cost ranges from 51€ to 74€ depending on whether you choose a regional train which makes more stops or the more direct ICE. You can buy tickets from the ticket office at the airport.
The official conference language is English.
The conference fee is £495 until 31 May, £595 until 8 September and £695 from thereafter.
The Conference Dinner is charged at £100.00. The dinner takes place at la Caverne de Geulhem, an old limestone underground quarry in the South Limburg Hills in the Netherlands. Today these ancient catacombes make a unique setting for dinners, and the amazing surroundings and great food will ensure this is a memorable evening.
Please let us know beforehand if you have any special requirements.
Dress code for the conference and gala dinner is smart casual or business attire.
Please note that conference fees are not refundable under any circumstances, unless the conference is cancelled, in which case fees will be refunded after an administrative deduction of 20%. You are advised to secure your visa before registering for the conference. Substitutions from the same company can be made at no cost up to three working days before the event.